Friday 18 January 2008

New Year 2008


It is a bit late but I wish you a very happy new year.

We were back in Japan for three weeks and just came back last Friday. The picture above is from a garden of an old temple in Kyoto (old capital), on which we can see the time and history indeed. The trip this time made me feel TIME, mainly my past, so much that it has been taking quite a few days to get myself together since I came back here. My toes are touching the ground but not heels yet.

However, there are a few things to get on with ahead of me, and let me use this opportunity to advertise my activities this and next month.


---

The first is an improvisation performance with an installation. My friends, Jairo and Nicola, are printmakers and exhibiting their work in an exhibition. I will be performing there only for the private view. I do not know the exact time of the performance.


East London Printmakers: I AM TEN
Bankside Gallery, South Bank, London
Private view: 29 January 2008, 6.30-9pm

East London Printmakers celebrate ten years of existence with this prestigious exhibition of printmaking works by 50 ELP artists, displaying a wide range of innovative printmaking techniques.

http://www.eastlondonprintmakers.co.uk/group_shows.htm
http://www.banksidegallery.com/

---


stephanie schober & dance company
Between Sound and Silence
Purcell Room, Southbank Centre, London
Tuesday 26 February 2008 - Wednesday 27 February 2008


‘A piece of pure physical poetry. It casts a hypnotic spell. Isobe and Schober are fascinating dancers’ (Stage).

Came and see this two-year-old piece Catch by Stephanie Schober. It will shape the evenings with newer two other pieces (picture above).
We have been touring in England since autumn, and finally, we are in London. I would love to have a lot of support there.

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/dance-performance/productions/stephanie-schober-dance-comp-19002

No comments: