Sunday 31 July 2005

INTAKT Interaktionslabor 3

End of these two weeks, we had a sharing for the public. I ended up wearing four sensors: two accelerometers (one on the right wrist and another on the right shoulder), a light sensor on the left arm, and a click switch on the light palm. Accelerometers can move the image as well as can jump frames in a flim as I move with impact. A light sensor can move the image and a click switch makes jump to another film. We had 12 films in the order. I start play with the first film and keep playing until I have enough. I click the switch on the palm to move to the next film, and I play with it again. My movement is improvisation in the relationship to the video image, and normally it takes 20-25 minutes to finish all the films.
We had two nights of performances: one night I performed with electronic double bass that is also improvisation and my movement changes some aspects of the sound, and another night without music. Because it is improvisation, every performance is different and I enjoy it very much. The film is manipulated by me but it does not work as I intended sometimes and I think that makes the performance richer because then I have to accept the thing happened, or not happened, and try to use the accident. We received very good feedback. Some people say the work is a new kind of art, or the first work that really made the connection of dance and video, etc... The people's reaction made me happy after the hard intensive process and I hope to develop it more in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know if they will publish any of this video on the web?

Unknown said...

Mmmmm... I don't think they will publish video on the web. But they will have some pictures I guess. I should get a copy of the video but still waiting...